Aviso de convocatoria/Meeting Announcement

Aqui se les informara de los temas importantes y criticos que tienen que ver entre los propietarios. Usted podra opinar e inclusive proveer soluciones a esos temas.

This forum is to provide information about critical and important issues that need the attention of the property owners. You can discuss and provide solutions to these issues.
Responder
stevenospam
Numero de Lote: 122
Urbanización: Fortin

Aviso de convocatoria/Meeting Announcement

Mensaje por stevenospam »

Recibimos un papelito cuando pasamos por la garita:

Aviso De Convocatoria
Propietarios de Los Altos de Cerro Azul
Se les informa a todos los propietarios de Los Altos de Cerro Azul de la próxima convocatoria a reunión para tratar temas relativos a la Administración del Proyecto.
DIA: Sabado 21 de abril de 2012
HORA: 10:00 a.m.
LUGAR: Club Los Altos de Cerro Azul
Steve
Maricia Miller
Numero de Lote: 204
Urbanización: Centinela

Re: Aviso de convocatoria/Meeting Announcement

Mensaje por Maricia Miller »

I was also happy to see when I returned from the city yesterday, that the garita is handing out that little notice to everyone who enters...nicely proactive! :)
Marco
Numero de Lote: 233
Urbanización: Centinela

Mensaje por Marco »

aca2011.pdf
(1006.56 KiB) Descargado 426 veces
Thanks for notifying us of the meeting with the Administrator of Los Altos de Cerro Azul which we attended yesterday. This summary is only what I could gather given my poor Spanish skill. It is offered to advise others of happenings vital to all our interests. This is meant to be objective reporting. Any misunderstandings are mine. I hope others will join in with their thoughts and observations.

The presenters included Domingo Batista, Publio De Gracia, Luis Naar, and Victor De La Cruz.

The newly printed manual as approved by ANAM in March 2012 was distributed. The office usually has more copies available. And I will try to make a scan later and post.
There was an event production company that provided a large-screen projector and a public address system with wireless microphone which made for clear visuals and sound.

An audio recording of the entire 3-hour meeting is avaiable at:
http://soundcloud.com/marco-lieurance/aca-04-2012
Not all the audience members comments are audible as some did not have access to the microphone. The file is quite large at 80MB.

The announcement of the meeting at the garita and in La Prensa was mentioned. Some in the audience suggested that the existing email list of owners used to send monthly bills should also be used to get the word out about future meetings.

The 3-hour meeting included an executive summary of Income and Expenses. This was for 2011 and the first 3 months of 2012. A scan is attached to this message. There were questions from property owners on individual items. The discussion back and forth transitioned into the topic of homeowners' associations and whether there should be only one. The scans of the by-laws of some of the nine existing associations were said to be available on this forum. There was a spreadsheet projected on screen of TSM payments that were current and in arrears, which was not distributed. A lot of discussion dealt with how to make everyone pay their share and make it fair to all. It was mentioned that the new Horizontal Property law could be a way to enforce TSM payments by all owners.

The administrator announced an increase of the TSM. I am not sure of the increase, but think I heard the new total will be $35 per month. It was not clear to me when the new rate would go into effect. Others should confirm these items for me. Improvements to the development were mentioned along with increased costs. A comment was made by one audience member that they haven't seen any improvement in 25 years. Other owners have previously told me a TSM increase would be fair and reasonable.

Mistakes and omissions in this account are mine. I didn't stay following the meeting, so am hoping others will leave their comments. It was enjoyable seeing everyone and getting to know those in the administration. I hope to attend more of these informative gatherings.
Leslie "Marco" Lieurance, VP
Vecinos Vigilantes on Facebook
Vecinos Vigilantes on Twitter
Whats App group for emergencies only
stevenospam
Numero de Lote: 122
Urbanización: Fortin

Mensaje por stevenospam »

The increase in TSM was not approved and will be the subject of a future meeting. The reason to not approve the increase was that the presented financial statements did not contain enough detail to understand the current financial situation. Vistamares agreed that the statements were inadequate to properly inform the residents. The proposed increase was $10 for a total TSM of $35 but the TSM remains $25 until a future discussion takes place.

Another important point is that the formation of a single property owners association to in some manner replace the existing 9 associations is a good idea but Vistamares said it is the responsibility of the property owners. Vistamares does not want to provide financial support to create the new association nor to be the organizer.

El aumento en TSM no fue aprobado y sera el asunto de una reunión en el futuro. La razón para no aprobar el aumento estaba los estados financieros presentaba no contuvo suficiente detalles para entender la situación actual. Vistamares acordó los estados financieros no estaban suficiente. El aumento propuso estaba $10 para un TSM total de $35 pero el TSM queda al $25 hasta una discusión en el futuro.

Otro punto es la formación de una asociación de propietarios sola para en alguna manera reemplazar las nueve es una buena idea pero Vistamares dijo eso es la responsabilidad de los propietarios. Vistamares va a dar respalda al cambio pero no quiere proveer apoyo financia ni para organizar el grupo de propietarios.
Steve
Responder