THEFTS - HURTOS IN/EN LOSA ALTOS DE CERRO AZUL

Aqui se les informara de los temas importantes y criticos que tienen que ver entre los propietarios. Usted podra opinar e inclusive proveer soluciones a esos temas.

This forum is to provide information about critical and important issues that need the attention of the property owners. You can discuss and provide solutions to these issues.
Responder
avechaser
Numero de Lote: 142
Urbanización: Torreon

THEFTS - HURTOS IN/EN LOSA ALTOS DE CERRO AZUL

Mensaje por avechaser »

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Subject: To All Cerro Azul Residents....
To: Cerro Azul Residents <losaltosdecerroazul@gmail.com>

This is Lyn Sierra. My husband, Hugo, and I have been living in this community only since Jan. 12. We already met Rachaelle and her husband Smitty who happen to maintain this house we are renting for now. I am writing you now from U S A and I feel I should let everyone know that we were robbed inside our house! My husband just came back to our house from a week of carnaval season in Panama who called me about 2 hours ago. I suggested that I should skype him to my laptop which we left sitting on our dining table and my husband said it was not there, both LT and its charger. My husband checked all windows if they were locked, only one he found not locked and it's next to the dining area. The thief/thieves did not take our big flat t.v. nor blu-player though. Before we left, we saw workers fixing the roof of our next door neighbor who doesn't even live there. Of course, at this point we have no proof that they were involved. So, what do we do next when this incident has happened to you, would have happened? What else could the security guard do? Do we report this incident to the police station? We know, of course, that more pre-caution is in our minds. But we supposed that those other residents who come and go every six months have not been robbed? We are totally upset but what else could we do? We've already fallen in love with this place.

Concerned. Won't you be?

Reply - You can tell the police, but in the light of years of experience I am pretty sure it won't do any good. If the stolen goods are insured in Panama, you have to file a report with the DIJ - Dirección de Investigación Judicial. They may or may not take fingerprints at your house, but you will probably have to provide the transport to and fro in any case. In any case, it will be a drawn-out and frustrating experience.
It is very important, though, that you report it to the Altos de Cerro Azul administration office, who take such things seriously. If this marks the beginning of a spate of thefts, the best chance of putting a stop to it lies with the Administration. Construction workers often get the blame but they are pretty seriously checked in and out of the area by the guard at the gate. A "cuidador" or (sad to say) another property owner are more likely suspects in my view.

Bill Adsett
stevenospam
Numero de Lote: 122
Urbanización: Fortin

Re: THEFTS - HURTOS IN/EN LOSA ALTOS DE CERRO AZUL

Mensaje por stevenospam »

I was told today that a previous tenant had 2 cell phones stolen out of the same house.
Steve
stevenospam

Received from Alejandro Botero:
Please, do the report to the Police Station close to "Comasa".

Also, do the report to the Administration Office.

It is very important that the Police and the Administration Office, keep the record of these events.

In fact, I saw a Police Car driving arround "La Fortaleza" on Tuesday night. That is some thing very good to suggeted them to keep doing it. It gave, to all of us, more security.
Saludos,

Alejandro Botero Bernal
Director de Franquicia - Totto Panama
Tel. (507) 279-0370
www.totto.com
www.tottotu.com
Steve
Sandra L
Numero de Lote: 49
Urbanización: Alcazar

Mensaje por Sandra L »

Buenas!
Es lamentable saber que sucedan robos en esta àrea, yo tengo un año de haber comprado en el Alcazar y no he tenido mayores robos, sin embargo pienso que los fines de semana de mayor consentracion de gente son siempre los de mayor insidencia en estos pequeños robos, pienso que el problema puede radicar en aquellas personas que alquilan las casas solo para fines de semana a gente que no conocen y que tampoco le dan los reglamentos que deben cumplir. Aparte de robo tambièn me ha tocado lidiar con personas que vienen a maltratar los gansos del lago a destruir las reas comunes.
stevenospam

Este mensaje estaba recibido por email de la cuenta Admin desde la propietaria Ana Maria:

Queridos amigos; estando sentada en mi jardin pude ver a algunas personas que se pasearon frente a casa llevando plantas y flores de otros terrenos. Yo no me atrevi a decir nada pero si las mire y esas personas me saludaron de lo mas normal, lo que significa que a las personas no les importa entrar y robarse las plantas y otros cosas chicas. En nuestro caso nos dejaron los arboles de toronja y naranja totalmente pelados, se llevaron todo.
Deberiamos formar algun tipo de programa para ayudarnos y dar una voz de auxilio cuando vemos que esto sucede.
Gracias y un saludo para todos.
Ana Maria.
Steve
Ronald Meyer
Numero de Lote: 96
Urbanización: Frente

Mensaje por Ronald Meyer »

Hola, estoy preocupado y quisiera saber en donde fue el robo, la urbanizacion y el numero del lote.
saludos,
Ronald.
huglyn1104
Numero de Lote: 207
Urbanización: Centinela

Mensaje por huglyn1104 »

A TODOS. LAMENTAMOS QUE NO HAYAMOS IDO A LA REUNION PORQUE VIAJAMOS MUCHO AL EXTERIOR. PERO TRATAREMOS DE IR ALA PROXIMA. CREEMOS QUE EL RIESCO ESTA EN CIERTOS TRABAJADORES QUE HACEN TRABAJOS OCASIONALES DE REPARACION Y QUE VIENEN DE LA CIUDAD DE PANAMA O 24 DECIEMBRE. NOS. PENSAMOS QUE LO QUE NOS PASO LE PUEDE PASAR A QUAL QUIERA. DESCULPE MI ESPANOL PORQUE NO ES MI LENGUA ORIGINAL.
TO EVERYONE. WE REGRET THAT WE COULD NOT ATTEND THE MEETING ABOUT THE INCIDENT IN OUR HOUSE DUE TO WE TRAVEL A LOT. BUT WE WILL TRY TO BE THERE. WE BELIEVE THAT THERE IS ALWAYS THE RISK OF HIRING OCCASIONAL WORKERS THAT DO SMALL JOBS(EVEN BIG JOBS) WHO MAY COME FROM 24 DE DEC. OR PANAMA CITY. WE BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO US COULD HAPPEN TO ANYBODY. (BUT WHAT LUCK FOR US!?). FORGIVE MY SPANISH FOR IT IS NOT MY ORIGINAL LANGUAGE.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERN.

HUGO Y LYN SIERRA ALCAZAR C-37
Lyn Sierra
huglyn1104

Mensaje por huglyn1104 »

Ronald Meyer escribió:Hola, estoy preocupado y quisiera saber en donde fue el robo, la urbanizacion y el numero del lote.
saludos,
Ronald.
Hola Ronald,

CALLE ALCAZAR , CASA C-37

Lyn Sierra
Lyn Sierra
stevenospam

Buenas noches a todos, mi nombre es Kenny Garrido Guardian 130, queria referirme a esta situacion de la senora Lyn
sierra, la cual es muy lamentable y que estas cosas ocurran en nuestro Cerro Azul, cuando todavia podemos decir que estamos a salvo de tanta delincuencia, por lo que no debemos permitir que estos incidentes pasen desapercibidos. Les sugiero a cualquiera que le suceda, que presente su denuncia a la oficina de Cerro Azul y a la Policia del Area. A mi juicio la seguridad debe ser mas innovadora y tomar cartas en el asunto, ya que en otras ocasiones han ocurrido hechos parecidos y todo queda en nada y como estan las cosas eso no debe ser, hay que agotar todos los recursos hasta que la investigacion arroje la informacion que esperamos.
Por otra parte me he percatado de que suben muchas empresas durante la semana a dejar materiales y no son solo COMASA, tambien traen vidrios, muebles, ventanas etc, y he podido observar de como esas personas, despues de hacer su trabajo se quedan merodeando. No se cual es el control de la garita y que se les advierte a estas personas, pero si una unidad no puede subir con ellos, que seria lo indicado, entonces deben ser claros en decirles los reglamentos que aqui existen y revisarlos cuando se van. Tambien sugiero se les recuerde mas a menudo a los contratistas que les informen a su personal las reglas de este proyecto.
Con respecto a la informacion del Dr. Batista, me parece muy bien que seamos tomados en cuenta y que seria bueno agilizar lo de la reunion. Creo que aqui todos queremos el bienestar del proyecto, para vivir en paz y en armonia. Seria prudente crear lazos de amistad entre la Administracion y los propietarios y tener una mejor relacion, donde nos podamos comunicar sin roces, ni predisposiciones y ambos nos sintamos apoyados. Saludos
huglyn1104

Mensaje por huglyn1104 »

Buenas a todos. It's been over a month since the home invasion happened. My husband had no idea whatelse they took from the living room and the bedroom. When we arrived back from E.U., What just hit me and saddened me was that the Sony HD videocam had my mother's 91st birthday celebration with the family which I have not had a chance to upload. Bill Adsett was right. Of course, we would never see those items again. Yes, we have seen recently that the garrita, the security, has become stricter for not only that they check the trunk of the car of the trabajadores, they also check every hand-carried items they bring out with them from inside the community. From all your empathetic reactions and mutual concern, your actions and voices have given us more reasons to believe that this community cares about each other and about the surroundings. We have followed up with the office adminitrators and the police station about the incident or any leads to the thieves. My husband who is Panameño tells me that all he wanted to know is if they found out about the particulars workers who worked for our next door neighbor may have had any previous criminal records. But what good would that do even if they find out? I asked. He said, they they would have more of a good reason to black list them from working inside the community. We are anticipating to close our deal to buying the house soon. We are starting to meet really nice people around the neighborhood and we are looking forward to meeting more of everyone if not all. One again, we are here to thank you for all your replies and posts and suggestions which you most certainly calmed our nerves and also helped shook up the administrative office to act immediately.

Muchas Gracias por todos a SteveS, Bill A., Rob and Nubia, Kurt and Karen, the Whalens, Dave, Kenny, Julia, etc. etc., and to others I have not mentioned.

De Nos. Corazones,

Lyn and Hugo Sierra

Alcazar C-37
Lyn Sierra
Responder