ACA Maint Vehicles/ACA Maint Vehiculos

Este espacio es para solicitar o proveer información a otros residentes.
Por ejemplos anunciar cosas para vender o comprar, recomendar o solicitar un servicio como plomeria, jardineria, pintura, etc. Vender o comprar un auto u otras cosas como muebles, electrodomesticos, etc.
Propaganda para actividades commercial no es aceptable.

This space is to ask for or provide information to other residents.
Examples are things to sell or buy, look for or recommend a service like a plumber, gardener, etc. Sell or buy a car or other things like furniture, appliances etc.
Advertising for commercial activities is not acceptable.
Responder
midavis77
Numero de Lote: 198B
Urbanización: Centinela

ACA Maint Vehicles/ACA Maint Vehiculos

Mensaje por midavis77 »

Hello everyone, I have a question: Why are the ACA maint/admin personnel allow to take the vehicles home after duty hours & on weekends? To my understanding we the residents, pay our maint fee for these vehicles and their maintenance/fuel. I think it is appropriate for them to use public transportation or their own vehicles to come to work and drive the company truck during duty hours and park them at the admin office after duty hours. The economy is bad and we need to budget/cut our maint expenses. They just got brand new pick ups and they drive them like trash trucks.

Spanish Version:
Hola a todos, Tengo una pregunta: Por que el al personal de maint/admin de ACA se les permite llevarse los vehicles a sus casas despues de la hora de trabajo y los fines de semana? A mi entendimiento, nosotros los residentes, pagamos la cuota de mantenimiento para estos vehicles, sus mantenimiento y combustible. Pienso que es apropiado para ellos de usar el transporte publico o sus propios vehiculos para venir a trabajar y manejar los pick ups de la compania durante las horas de trabajo y despues de las horas laborales estacionarlos en la oficina administrativa. La economia es mala y necesitamos hacer un presupuesto y cortes en los gastos de maint. Hace poco que recibieron pick ups nuevos y los conducen como si fueran camiones de basura.
Marco
Numero de Lote: 233

Re: ACA Maint Vehicles/ACA Maint Vehiculos

Mensaje por Marco »

This is news to me. Although, the Melo pick-up trucks are out on the public roads, I haven't seen them in town.

In the states, employers offered benefits like this to workers. It actually gave the company tax deductions as compared to paying a straight salary. Not sure if that works here in Panama.

Marco
Leslie "Marco" Lieurance, VP
Vecinos Vigilantes on Facebook
Vecinos Vigilantes on Twitter
Whats App group for emergencies only
HKreuzwirth
Numero de Lote: 187y149y150
Urbanización: Guardian

Mensaje por HKreuzwirth »

Also in Austria companys are giving these benefits (cars) to workers. It makes it more atractive to work for this company and normally the salary is because of that, a little bit lower. Of course they are responsible for the cars and and have to take care of them.
To be honest I never have seen them "abusing" the cars.

For the part """I think it is appropriate for them to use public transportation or their own vehicles to come to work """
These workers do NOT have a private car, they can not afford one. Well, if we pay more maintenance fee then they maybe will be able to buy one.
I do not know about any public transportation inside Cerro Azul. Please let me know since when this exists.
We will have to let Taxis coming into Cerro Azul or do you expect that all these employs are walking from the gate to the office?
We also could arrange our own transportation system, of course you will need someone to take care of that, pay him, increase the maintenance fee, etc...

The workers from CA are all right. I have never ever had a problem with them. They are friendly and honest people.
Never ever was something missing at my house in CA.
Everyone who lives in Panama or like I in Chorrera knows that you have to lock everything three times, put bars on your windows and doors, install alarm systems....
And here in CA we have nice people and we want to make live difficult for them. I am saying this because I think:
If you would do that to me I would not come up to work in CA. Then you would have to look for someone else and you will only get only "low live" people to work up here since there is no benefit for me to work up here. Do we really want that?
Marco
Numero de Lote: 233

Mensaje por Marco »

Thanks for those comments. You thought of everything else I wanted to say!

Workers are ferried by pick-ups in CA. But, I'm not sure how that is officially set-up, if at all.
I've heard there is a $1 charge, but can't confirm that.
Leslie "Marco" Lieurance, VP
Vecinos Vigilantes on Facebook
Vecinos Vigilantes on Twitter
Whats App group for emergencies only
Jac
Numero de Lote: 50
Urbanización: Frente

Mensaje por Jac »

We don't know if they have the right to take the vehicules home.
That could be another question to ask to the Administration.

What we know is that , according to the Administration, we paid 23.141 Balboas (or US $), only during the first 6 months of 2011, for gas, and maintenance of 6 vehicules.
We also are paying a small bus that brings workers every day from the 24 , and back.
We paid 3.658,50 Balboas for it, (for the same 6 first months of 2011)-

It´s not likely that paying more maintenance fee, will increase the Panama' minimum salary for workers.

No sabemos si tienen la autorización de llevar los vehiculos a casa.
Eso puede ser otra pregunta para la Administracion.

Los que si sabemos es que, segun las cifras de la Administracion, pagamos 23.141 Balboas, por los primeros 6 meses del 2011, por gasolina y mantenimiento de 6 vehiculos.
Tambien pagamos un pequeño bus que trae los trabaradores desde la 24, y vuelta.
Pagamos 3.658,50 Balboas por este bus, (por los mismo 6 primeros meses 2011).

Pagar mas TSM no es lo que va hacer subir el salario minimo del trabarador panameño.
midavis77
Numero de Lote: 198B

Mensaje por midavis77 »

As far as I know no annual or semi-annual expenses reports had been given since 2007 when my wife and I attended one of the residents' meeting at the ACA Clubhouse. We were very mad to find out that this report (We have a copy) showed more money spent on mantaining Melo's chickens' farms than on to maintain the ACA vehicles/streets. Since then, no meeting had been scheduled to this regard. SOONER OR LATER, WE WILL COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT THE MONEY WE PAID FOR MAINT FEE IS NOT ALL GOING TO MAINT ACA. We as residents, have the right to know were our money is going and these employees make over minimum wages and can easy take the bus and have a driver at the gate to pick them up (security guard), Coming one night to ACA, we saw an ACA Maint Vehicle parked at Nino's store. Do you know that dealing in Panama is like struggling to find your way out in the jungle! A lot of redtapes.

Hasta donde tengo entendido, ningun reporte anual o semi-anual de gastos se han dado desde 2007 cuando mi esposa y yo attendimos una reunion de residentes en el Clubhouse de ACA. Estuvimos muy molestos de saber que este reporte mostro que mas se gastaba en mantener los gaillineros de Melo que en mantener los vehiculos/calles de ACA. Desde ese entonces, ninguna reunion se ha hecho al respecto. TARDE O TEMPRANOS, VENDREMOS A LA REALIZACION DE QUE EL DINERO QUE PAGAMOS POR CUOTA DE MAINT NO TODO ESTA A MANTENER ACA. Nosotros como residentes, tenemos el derecho de saber donde va nuestro dinero y estos empleados gana mas que el salario minimun y facilmente pueden coger el bus y ser recogidos en la garita por un guardia de seguridad. Viniendo de noche para ACA, vimos un vehicle de Maint de ACA estacionado en la tienda de Nino. Sabian ustedes que degociar en Panama, es como luchar para encontrar como salir de la jungla! Mucho redtapes.
rob
Numero de Lote: 16

Mensaje por rob »

Este postea ha sido borrado para no cumplir con las reglas del foro.
This post has been deleted because it does not comply with the forum rules.

5) No posteará ninguna información, notas o comentarios que sean abusivos, difamatorios, degradantes, amenazantes, incitación a violencia, o reclamaciones irracionales contra cualquier miembro de la comunidad.

4) Not post messages that are abusive, hateful, slanderous, threatening, use ethnic slurs,
encourage physical violence, or are defamatory or derogatory to any member

Admin
tsimons
Numero de Lote: 89
Urbanización: Frente
Ubicación: Bella vista, calle 42 y calle Colombia, Edificio Rocamar, planta baja, oficina no.1
Contactar:

Re: rob shirley,s post

Mensaje por tsimons »

Soy un panameño con residencia en Cerro Azul y me ha sorprendido que este senor, que es un huésped en mi país, tenga el atrevimiento de decirle a los residentes (extranjeros y panameños) que si no están de acuerdo con sus ideas, que pueden irse a buscar otro lugar, entre otras cosas.

Como huésped en mi País, el debe comportarse tal y respetar las opiniones de las personas de esta comunidad y no insultar a las personas.
Necesitamos armonía, no insultos.
Terani Simons
Altos del Frente.
Cel 6679-4695

As a Panamenian with residency in Cerro Azul I was suprised that this person, who is a guest in my country, has the nerve to tell the owners (foreigners & panamenians) that whoever does not agree with his way of thinking, should find another place to live, Amón otero things.
As a guest in my country , he must behave as such and respect the opinions ofrece every persona in this comunity and refrain from insulting other people.
Terani Simons
Altos del Frente no. 89
Del 6679-4695
Responder