Prohibit to Burn/Prohibido la Quema

Este espacio es para solicitar o proveer información a otros residentes.
Por ejemplos anunciar cosas para vender o comprar, recomendar o solicitar un servicio como plomeria, jardineria, pintura, etc. Vender o comprar un auto u otras cosas como muebles, electrodomesticos, etc.
Propaganda para actividades commercial no es aceptable.

This space is to ask for or provide information to other residents.
Examples are things to sell or buy, look for or recommend a service like a plumber, gardener, etc. Sell or buy a car or other things like furniture, appliances etc.
Advertising for commercial activities is not acceptable.
midavis77
Numero de Lote: 198B
Urbanización: Centinela

Prohibit to Burn/Prohibido la Quema

Mensaje por midavis77 »

Hi, I am Mike and my wife is Susan Davis, lot 198B Centinela, tel 297-7250 and cel 6525-9206. My neighbor was burning trash/leaves last week from 5 to 8 PM. I contacted the security guard at the gate and he stated that he was the only one on duty and cannot leave the post. I contacted the Adm office and nothing was done. The smoke was so intense that we could not sleep at all. In the past they will talk to her but nothing gets done and this is being going on for years. Are there any laws, fines or what can be done to STOP BURNING TRASH/LEAVES?

SPANISH VERSION:
Hola, soy Mike y mi esposa Susan Davis, lote 198B Centinela, tel 297-7250, cel 6525-9206. My vecina estaba quemando basura/hojas la semana pasada desde las 5 hasta las 8 P.M. Contacted al guardia de seguridad de la garita y me dijo que el era el unico trabajando y no podia dejar el puesto. Contacted la oficina de Admin y nada se hizo. El humo era tan intenso que no pudimos para nada dormir. En el pasado le hablaban, pero nada se ha podido lograr y esto se ha estado haciendo por años. Habra algunas leyes, multas o que se puede hacer para DETENER LA QUEMA DE BASURA/HOJAS?
Marco
Numero de Lote: 233

Re: Prohibit to Burn/Prohibido la Quema

Mensaje por Marco »

Mike -

Was this discussed in the new manual of regulations from ANAM/MELO, which we voted on and haven't seen yet? I seem to recall no fires, firearms, fireworks, but I may be wrong.
Maybe we should ask at the office for the manual? Let's go up and try.

But, if there is no roving security, that's not much help, is it. I assumed there was at least one truck patrolling at night. Maybe not. So, I'm not much help, but have the same concerns.

Marco
Leslie "Marco" Lieurance, VP
Vecinos Vigilantes on Facebook
Vecinos Vigilantes on Twitter
Whats App group for emergencies only
stevenospam
Numero de Lote: 122
Urbanización: Fortin

Mensaje por stevenospam »

He enviado un email al Directora Parque Chagres preguntando la manera para manejar un problema como este problema.
Steve
Steve
tsimons
Numero de Lote: 89
Urbanización: Frente
Ubicación: Bella vista, calle 42 y calle Colombia, Edificio Rocamar, planta baja, oficina no.1
Contactar:

Mensaje por tsimons »

En el Manual de Propietarios se especifica en el artículo 3.3 que la quema está prohibido.
Me parece que PACAR debe tomar este asunto como una de sus prioridades para obligar a la ANAM y la Administración a tomar medidas fuertes contra los propietarios o jardinerosque hacen estas quemas. Lo que le paso a Mike fué una molestia, sin embargo podría haberle pasado lo que me ocurrió hace algunos años atrás cuando la quema de un vecino se le salió de control y las llamas empezaron a quemar la hierba moviedose con el viento hacia mi casa. Viví más de 6 horas tensas echando agua con la ayuda de uno de mis huespedes para evitar las llamas. Este vecino simplemente abandono su lote sin importarle las consecuencias. Puse la queja y la Administración le llamó fuertemente la atención a ese vecino.
Estas cosas no pueden permitirse que pasen en nuestra comunidad!
Terani
Altos del Frente 89

In the Manual de Propietario it is specified in article 3.3 that outside burning is prohibited.
I believe that PACAR should take up this issue as one of their priorities to oblige ANAM and the Administration to take strong measures against those owners or gardners that carry out these fires. What happened to Mike was an annoying situation, nevertheless it could have happened to him what i went through a couple of year ago when a neighbor´s fire got out of control and the flames began burning the grass and moving with the wind towards my house. I went through 6 hours hosing down the area with the help of one of my guests. that neighbor simply left his place without caring about the consecuenses. I did comlain and the Administration reprehended strongly the owner.
These things cannot be allowed to happen in our community!
Terani
Altos del Frente 89
midavis77

Mensaje por midavis77 »

I strongly agree w/ the comments posted and I appreciate them greatly. I hope PACAR will get something done. Unfortunatly, these events of burning trash is also done by COMASA Melo store in front and behind the store, also behind the chickens's farms inside the ACA gate. I complained w/ the security guard and nothing got done, they still doing it. This is a nationwide problem and my question is how by getting w/the legislation to have a law pass to stop the burning w/ a fine of $500.00?

Spanish Version:
Estoy muy de acuerdo con los comentarios puestos y los aprecio muchisimo. Espero que PACAR consiga que se haga algo. Desafortunadamente, estos eventos de quemar tambien lo hace COMASA el almacen de Melo al frente y atras del almacen, tambien detras de los gallineros dentro de la garita de ACA. Me queje con el guardia de seguridad y nada se hizo, lo siguen haciendo. Estes es un problema a nivel nacional y mi pregunta es como podemos hacer para que la legislacion pase una ley que denta la quema con una multa de $500.00?
noemi
Numero de Lote: 71-2
Urbanización: Alcazar

Mensaje por noemi »

Para hacer denuncias ciudadanas llamar al 311, número de la ANAM. Pero para denunciar las quemas el procedimiento que me indicaron es el siguiente: se llama, se hace la denuncia y ellos contactan al Ministerio de Salud, este tiene 24 horas para resolver el caso. CREO QUE CERRO AZUL DESAPARECE si esperamos esta burocracia. Así mismo le dije al que me atendió.?????
avechaser
Numero de Lote: 142
Urbanización: Torreon

Mensaje por avechaser »

Mike and Susan

As already stated, burning outdoors is prohibited anywhere in Altos de Cerro Azul. This is a National Park regulation and it is also contained in the Property Owners' Manual. The prohibition has been in effect ever since the park was created, and the reason is to prevent forest fires. Unfortunately there are a (very) few people who still don't accept that.
I got in touch with Soledad Batista, Director of the Park and she called a Melo group official to sort the matter out. I have given her your contact details. She asked for the lot number where the burning was done. I think the apprpopriate thing at this stage is a final warning rather than a fine - but its not up to me!
Hopefully you (and your neighbor) will be contacted in the next few days. If that does not happen let me know.
I suggest in future that if things don't work as they should do, you send a short note (rather than just making a phone call) to the Administration. Sometimes the executives are not aware that something has gone wrong at ground level, and in my experience they appreciate people letting them know.
Your experience when you called the gate and were told that no patrol was in the area to go and stop the burning is not unique. Our neighbor had a similar case. We all thought we had a 24 hour patrol, and apparently that is not so.... Maybe we should ask about that. But I must say that otherwise, if there is someone available things generally get fixed pretty quick.
Regards
Bill Adsett
El Torreón 142
(PACAR Committee member)
midavis77

Mensaje por midavis77 »

avechaser escribió:Mike and Susan

As already stated, burning outdoors is prohibited anywhere in Altos de Cerro Azul. This is a National Park regulation and it is also contained in the Property Owners' Manual. The prohibition has been in effect ever since the park was created, and the reason is to prevent forest fires. Unfortunately there are a (very) few people who still don't accept that.
I got in touch with Soledad Batista, Director of the Park and she called a Melo group official to sort the matter out. I have given her your contact details. She asked for the lot number where the burning was done. I think the apprpopriate thing at this stage is a final warning rather than a fine - but its not up to me!
Hopefully you (and your neighbor) will be contacted in the next few days. If that does not happen let me know.
I suggest in future that if things don't work as they should do, you send a short note (rather than just making a phone call) to the Administration. Sometimes the executives are not aware that something has gone wrong at ground level, and in my experience they appreciate people letting them know.
Your experience when you called the gate and were told that no patrol was in the area to go and stop the burning is not unique. Our neighbor had a similar case. We all thought we had a 24 hour patrol, and apparently that is not so.... Maybe we should ask about that. But I must say that otherwise, if there is someone available things generally get fixed pretty quick.
Regards
Bill Adsett
El Torreón 142
(PACAR Committee member)
Thanks for the help. Was contacted yesterday by a lady who stated that employees from ANAM will stop by sometime today to speak/warn the ofender. I did not know that there is a fine involved if ANAM decides & witness the burn. Best regards!
avechaser

Mensaje por avechaser »

Como dice San en otro lado, hay muchos mensajes en inglés pero no en español. En verdad, me olvidé de traducir mi mensaje del otro día sobre incendios. Así que ahora voy a corregir esa falta.
Como ya se ha indicado, es prohibido hacer qeumas o incendios al aire libre en Altos de Cerro Azul. Esto es reglamento del Parque Nacional Chagres y también se incluye en el Manual del Propietario. La razón es que hay que prevenir incendios forestales. Desafortunadamente todavía hay algunas pocas personas que no la aceptan. Hice contacto con Soledad Batista, Directora del Parque y ella llamó a un ejecutivo del Grupo Melo. Esperamos que prontamente alguien se haga contacto con ustedes y con su vecino. Sugiero para el futuro que si algo no está funcionando, que manden una nota a la Administración. A veces los ejecutivos no tienen conocimiento de las cosas que no están funcionando bien y realmente aprecian que se les informe del asunto.
No es la primera vez que oigo de un caso donde al llamar a la garita, se recibe la repuesta que no hay patrulla disponible. Nuestra vecina tuvo una experiencia similar. Todos pensábamos que teníamos un servicio de vigilancia móvil los 24 horas, pero parece que no es así. Tal vez debemos formular una pregunta a la Administración sobre el asunto. Del otro lado, cuando sí hay patrulla disponible, generalmente responden rápida y efecctivamente a cualuier problema.
Bill Adsett
Altos del Torreón No 142
Miembro del Comité Pacar
avechaser

Mensaje por avechaser »

Mike and Susan

Did you get satisfaction from ANAM on this (did they visit the property and talk to the neighbor)?

ANAM hizo lo prometido en este respecto (vista a la propiedad; advertir a la vecina)?

Bill
Responder