Water in gasoline I believe..

Este espacio es para solicitar o proveer información a otros residentes.
Por ejemplos anunciar cosas para vender o comprar, recomendar o solicitar un servicio como plomeria, jardineria, pintura, etc. Vender o comprar un auto u otras cosas como muebles, electrodomesticos, etc.
Propaganda para actividades commercial no es aceptable.

This space is to ask for or provide information to other residents.
Examples are things to sell or buy, look for or recommend a service like a plumber, gardener, etc. Sell or buy a car or other things like furniture, appliances etc.
Advertising for commercial activities is not acceptable.
Responder
Elfortin70
Numero de Lote: 70
Urbanización: Fortin

Water in gasoline I believe..

Mensaje por Elfortin70 »

Dear friends of ACA: Yesterday I went down to El 24 with the purpose of buying gas and groceries, which I did.
Well, it took me about an hour and a half maby more to drive my self back to the mountain. My car, which was doing just fine before purchasing the gas, started to behave very erratic on my way back. I could not make it through the hills. The car seemed to loose power as I was trying to go up the hill. It was the strangest thing I ever experience. It was very scary. So, today Thursday, I am going to try to empty the gas tank ( never done it before) and replace that gas with new one. If anybody up there, would like to help me or direct me on how to do this, I would appreciate it.
I live in el fortin 70 . Any help would be appreciated.
Julia :|
Marco
Numero de Lote: 233
Urbanización: Centinela

Re: Water in gasoline I believe..

Mensaje por Marco »

Julia -

What kind of car do you have?
Where did you buy the gasoline?

Not to rain on your parade, but before pouring gasoline on the ground I would suspect a clogged fuel filter, faulty fuel pump or other part that may need to be inspected and cleaned. Our 2005 Toyota Hilux had a similar problem going up the hill and only required several parts to be cleaned.

Good luck,

Marco
Leslie "Marco" Lieurance, VP
Vecinos Vigilantes on Facebook
Vecinos Vigilantes on Twitter
Whats App group for emergencies only
iqsimons
Numero de Lote: 89
Urbanización: Frente

Mensaje por iqsimons »

Microsofttranslator (apoyo de Iris de Simons) Por: Elfortin70 el Jue 15 de marzo de 2012 3:33 am

Queridos amigos de ACA: Ayer fui a El 24 con el propósito de comprar gas y comestibles, lo que hice.
Bueno, me llevó sobre una maby de hora y media más para conducir a mi auto hacia la montaña. Mi coche, que estaba haciendo bien antes de comprar el gas, comenzó a comportarse muy errático en mi camino de regreso. No pude hacer a través de las colinas. El coche parecía poder suelto como estaba tratando de subir la colina. Fue la cosa más extraña que jamás la experiencia. Era muy aterrador. Por lo tanto, hoy el jueves, voy a tratar de vaciar el tanque de gas (nunca hecho antes) y reemplazar ese gas por uno nuevo. Si alguien ahí arriba, quisiera que me ayuden o me directa sobre cómo hacer esto, sería apreciarla.
Vivo en el Fortín 70. Se agradece cualquier ayuda.
Julia
Elfortin70
Numero de Lote: 70
Urbanización: Fortin

Re: Good idea...

Mensaje por Elfortin70 »

Hi Marco, yes you are probably right. No needy to empty gas tank. I have a 1999 Lexus 300, SUV. It is a great car.
We have started with changing 2 of the spark plugs. That seems to improve its performance. we will look into your suggestions of cleaning up a few things.
Thanks
Julia
midavis77
Numero de Lote: 198B

Mensaje por midavis77 »

Hello everyone, the same thing happened to me. I had a tune up made to my 2008 Nissan pick-up DIESEL and had brand new diesel filters, oil change, etc. on the 28 of Feb/2012. My pick runned find until last week and this week after I purchased the diesel. I took it to the mechanic 2-days ago (14 de Marzo) and he suggested to use up all the diesel and to buy fresh one and to ck the gas station for there is a possibility that they are mixing it w/ water or other addictives. I use ESSO and ACCEL stations, will change to DELTA and see what happens.

Mike
Centinela 198 B

Spanish Version:
Hola a todos, lo mismo me paso a mi. Le hicieron un tune up (mantenimiento) a my 2008 Nissan pick-up DIESEL con filtros de diesel nuevos, cambio de aceite, etc. el 28 de Feb 2012. My pick-up corria bien hasta la semana pasada y esta semana despues de comprar el diesel. Lo lleve al mecanico hace 2 dias (14 de Marzo) y me sugerio que usara todo el diesel y comprara nuevo y chequear la gasolinera porque existe la posibilidad de que estan mezclando el diesel con agua u otros aditivos. Yo uso las estaciones de gasolina ESSO y ACCEL, voy a cambiar a DELTA a ver que pasa.

Mike
Centinela 198 B
william1222
Numero de Lote: 161
Urbanización: Torreon

Mensaje por william1222 »

You might try adding "Dry Gas" into your current tank which will absorb some of the water.
midavis77
Numero de Lote: 198B

Mensaje por midavis77 »

Hi everyone. Finally, our mechanic got with the problem and fixed it. In some cases water had being found in many diesel engines which causes poor performance. It will be better for you to ck for an honest and responsible mechanic. Find out the cause and have it fixed. We recomend Agustin cel 66470209. He only speaks Spanish. We tried for years to find a fine, honest and responsible mechanic and Agustin to our opinion is the best and very reasonable.

Mike & Susan Davis

Spanish Version:
Hola a todos. Finalmente, my mecanico dio con el problema y lo arreglo. En algunos casos, se ha encontrado agua en muchas maquinas de diesel, lo que causa pobre funcionamiento. Seria mejor que buscara un mecanico honesto y responsable. Averigue cual es la causa y hagalo arreglar. Recomendamos Agustin cel 6647-0209. Solo Habla Español. Por muchos años, tratamos de encontrar un buen, honesto y responsable mechanico y en nuestra opinion, Agustin es el mejor y muy razonable.

Mike & Susan Davis
Centinela 198B
Responder